- NDT is a problem-solving assessment and treatment approach for children with neurological impairments ar a delay in their motor skills.
- Low or high muscle tone, as well as poor strength, may cause dysfunction in postural control and movement.
- This leads to a limitation in functions in motor skills.
- Our therapists are trained in NDT therapeutic handling, assessment, observation and movement analysis.
- With this information, a treatment program can be developed.
- Children with CP, brain injury or deveopment delay may benefit from this form of treatment.
- It consist of a series of very specific exercies designed to strongly provoke the child's automatic righting responses , part of the postural motor control mechanism.
- In this way, the child learns to work against the influence of gravity thought to be the driving force behind sucessful movement.
- As movement responses to the exercise improve, the child develops better skills such as head and trunk control , standing and walking.
- Children with gross motor delay may benefitfrom this type of therapy
- Core strenghening is addresses by ensuring optimal postural alignment in all positions and creatiry strength and awareness of the muscle activation needed to achieve and maintain the alignment.
- In infants , this is developed gradually through handling techniques, specific exercise and seating supports.
- In older children and tears the use of breathinf exo activates the diaphragm and teamwork of muscles that maintain allgnment.
- This can help improve postural stability and mobility during functional movement
In this type of therapy we use electrical surrent to stimulate nerve endings.
In following condition we can use EMS :
1. Erb's palsy
2. Belb palsy
3. Drist Drop
4. Foot Drop etc.
- Infants who suffer from brathing problems, as well as asthma , cystic fibrosis, chest physiotherapy is the best option to minimize secretion
- Our physio use different types of techniquesto reduce asthma, clear chest etc
- Infants who is having sucking problems, physiotherapy is te solution.
- polatile physiotherapy helps infants ti improve their sucking reflexes.